Cheeseburger Stuffed Bread
I made up a recipe! It’s a spin on a breakfast that my mother-in-law makes. Turned out very yummy and super easy!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- Seasonings (salt, pepper, steak seasoning, worcestershire, steak sauce, etc.)
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 can Pillsbury French Loaf Dough (You could use the Rhodes frozen white loaves and just let it thaw & rise… would probably taste a touch better but add a couple of steps.
- Saute onions & pepper with a bit of oil or butter until translucent
- Add ground beef and stir/cook until its browned through. Season meat mixture with whatever sounds good to you.
- Optional: At this point, you can take the meat and refrigerate it for a few days if you need a quick weeknight dinner; you could also freeze part of it. If you do, reheat the meat in the skillet or microwave before doing the next steps.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover large rectangle cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray (for the easiest clean-up!)
- Open roll dough and unroll into a large rectangle sheet; stretch out (alternatively, if you’re using the rhodes dough, stretch it out to an approximation of a rectangle
- Top dough with cheddar cheese, leaving about 2-3 in. on each side
- Spread meat mixture on top of cheese.
- Fold over sides and tuck in ends of bread; carefully flip over so the top of it shows and the folded part is on the bottom.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes. Check often to make sure top doesn’t get too done (may need to cover with foil) but bottom is cooked through.